Deborah's Art Blog
Stylish Blogger Award
Thank you to Connie Norman for nominating me for the Stylish Blogger Award! Talk about giving me incentive to keep up! I am honored that she included me and I will do my best to live up to the moniker. Is there a Not-So-Stylish Blogger Award?
At any rate, the Stylish Blogger Award requires the recipient to publish seven things about themselves that most people don't know. Here goes:
1. I was born and raised on a 1,000 acre farm in Northwest Missouri where we raised crops, pigs, and Charolais cattle. My sister and I earned our college money by caring for all the orphaned calves or those their mothers couldn't care for.
2. Our little rural town is still home to only 350 people. The public school there is still going strong, though small and mighty. There were a lucky 13 people in my high school graduating class. Unfortunately, no art classes were offered past grade school, so I didn't find my art niche until later in life. Here's a picture of me with my sister and friends when we were little. My little brother didn't come along til later, when I was 14. I'm the shy one on the far left.
3. I have four college degrees, yes, count 'em. That's what indecision and a shaky economy will do for you. The first was in Secretarial Science, and believe it or not, I was a pretty sick typist. After working for a law firm for a couple of years, I decided to go back to school at the University of Missouri where I earned a degree in Marketing. (The typing came in handy in getting part time jobs to earn my way through school!)
The third degree (Masters in Business Administration) came while working at May Dept. Stores Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis. They helped me pay for night classes to make that possible.
The fourth degree is a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Ceramics from Webster University in St. Louis. I finally got my hands in clay and have been at it ever since!
4. The degree that was the hardest to obtain was also the most grueling. You guessed it--the BFA. I've never worked so hard in my life nor enjoyed it more. At that time the college studios were open 24/7, or at least we knew how to break in! Work was encouraged and work happened!
5. My husband is the best husband in the world. Period. End of question mark.
6. After both being born and raised in Missouri (he's a city boy) we moved to Wyoming in 2003. I thought my city boy would be terribly bored out here in the wild west, but he is thriving and lovin' it. We live in the foothills of the Wind River Mountains where fishing, hiking, skiing, etc. are all in our back yard. I do miss the galleries and museums, but when we do make it back to the big cities, it is such a treat! And the people here are the friendliest anywhere! Here's a photo of our back yard and a big reason we love living in Wyoming.
7. We like to throw parties at our house, which usually involve saber-ing a bottle or two of champagne. Come see us sometime!
Here are my nominees for the Stylish Blogger Awards.
Add a comment